Monday, September 24, 2012

African sunset . . . Afrikansk solnedgång

This one actually was an atemt to make a painting for my 21 year old son whos been moving from mums home some time back. I started yesterday and made the final white strokes with a pen a few minutes ago. My son is not that keen on watercolor. He likes more acrylic and oilpaintings. But his mother is in to watercolor, so...
Anyway. On this weeks challenge at APR we could do what we liked. So this painting is what I present here. This is a subject that I have never done before. I´m not that good at sunsets. But who can be good at it without practising? Well, not me anyway! This was fun to do anyway! A new challenge! And that is the most important!
. . . . . . .

Den här var faktiskt ett försök att göra en målning till min 21-åriga son som flyttat från sin mor en tid tillbaka. Jag började igår och gjorde det sista vita med en penna för några minuter sedan. Min son är inte så förtjust  akvarell. Han gillar mer akryl och oljemålningar. Men hans mamma är på akvarell, så ... Hur som helst. På denna veckas utmaning på APR kunde vi göra vad vi ville. Så denna målning är vad jag presenterar här. Detta är ett motiv som jag aldrig har målat förut. Jag är inte så bra på solnedgångar. Men vem kan vara bra på det utan att öva? Tja, inte jag i alla fall! Det var kul att göra ändå! En ny utmaning! Och det är det viktigaste!









These flowers with a note saying "To the best mom in the world" was a happy surprise for me when I got home from work about a week ago. It was from my 21 year old son who had left it on the kitchentable when I was at work. How little things can make you SO happy!  :) The note is saved inside one of my drawers for years to come...

29 comments:

  1. The painting is beautiful, I hope your son likes it! I love the white lines in it! And what a sweet note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally my kind of sunset:-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catharina this painting definitely caught my eye just now on my blog list. Beautiful colours and very unique. Those little treasures that our children leave us are worth more than any jewels. I have a draw full of them too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sure got alot of color! I´m making another one right now with a bit more orange color instead. I think I will try a few of these sunsets from now on. For practise. Thank you Laura. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunset Catharina! I like the originality of the execution, with the white light around the sun and on the branches of tree. Well done! Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white lines was a little bit of an experiment. But I think it turn out ok. Thank you for your kind comment Tito! Take care!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous painting, the colours are stunning.
    What a thoughtful son to leave the flowers for you :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TwinkelToes, that was sweet! Makes me happy!

      Delete
  6. Hello Catharina:) I love this African sunset. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you renate. Makes me very happy!

      Delete
  7. your sunset is so beautiful, as is all your art. I'm thinking your son will cherish this. I'm just getting my mom back into painting after many, many years of absence. I can't wait to have a painting from her!
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind comment. It inspires me alot!

      Delete
  8. Yes I agree with Tito - I also love the white lines! Beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it was a good try with the white lines. Great! Thank you very much!

      Delete

  9. I like your picture very much. The atmosphere spreads so much peace and beauty. As well I love your beautiful florals. I can also understand your pleasure about your son's note. My son is 28 and I collect every message he puts on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is a bit scary to use such bright pigments, but you must dare to let go of that feeling now and then, if you want to get better.
      I´ve done four sunsets the last days! Will show them the next one-two days.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous...so very beautiful..the color palette is amazing..and the tree is magnificent!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Victoria! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous sunset with the silhouette tree, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria for the nice comment. :)

      Delete
  12. :) the note from your son with the flowers was so sweet! you should certainly keep that :) and your sunset painting is wonderful - looks like you paint them all the time - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far too nice :) These sunsets are new to me. But the last days I have painted a few of them, I will show you all this weekend. You are wellcome back to have a look.

      Delete
  13. A surprise note from your child makes the heart sing!
    What a special son you have there ;D
    The sunset is wonderful with stunning colours...it reminds me of silk painting.
    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neesie. I know <3
      And I´m happy you like my sunset. I´m doing more of them and will post them this weekend.
      Take care!

      Delete
  14. Stunning colors in your painting! Just beautiful!
    And a note and flowers from your son--priceless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really lovely catharina ..hope you had a good b'day ..great list above !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...